Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Identity as a Writer

When I was in Elementary I did not see myself as a writer, as a matter of fact, I hated it. Writing was used as a punishment so, when i wrote I felt I was being punished. This sort of change as I entered High School because my english teacher told me I need some practice to become a fluent writer. I transfered to a different high school my freshmen and the school i was at had seen my writing as above average. So transferring was a huge transition to becoming a writer. After working with my teacher I became comfortable with writing. This soon changed when I entered college, I say this in regards to Grammar class. I use to free write and I enjoyed it but after that class I officially hated writing. As of now, I am barely getting into the grove finding writing as a fun activity father than a punishment and a grade. Overall, I can say I am a writer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment